Thursday 18 May 2017

Anon!

THE ORKNEY BOAT: For the Journey & Return
Artist and stone make a 1,300 mile journey, over land and sea
Orkney- Bergen- Oslo- Trondheim- Orkney

Dear Friends, we depart in a few days time. Over the next few months you can follow our progress here. This blog will be managed by my brother, Will, who will update you as often as possible with the writings and photographs I send him from the journey. 





 
All who encounter it are invited to stand in The Orkney Boat. 
Some of you have already planned to meet us along the way. 
It only remains to say thank you, once again, for the support you gave to make this happen. I hope not to let you down, and I leave you with a few words from Norman MacCaig.

Who owns this landscape?  
Has owning anything to do with love? 
For it and I have a love-affair, so nearly human we even have quarrels 
... 
Who possesses this landscape? – 
The man who bought it or
I who am possessed by it?

ANON!

No comments:

Post a Comment